Aug 8, 2016
We at the Winnipeg Film Group and Cinematheque join our community in extending a welcome to Syrian refugees in their first year in Canada.
With the generous support of the Canada Council for the Arts, we are currently offering free programming to Syrian newcomers, to be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
We are now accepting applications for the following:
- 20 x Unlimited Annual Passes to the Winnipeg Cinematheque, providing pass-holders the ability to see an unlimited number of movies for a year
- 5 x workshop placements for our Basic Filmmaking Workshop (fall or winter edition), which is targeted to adults 18+ and provides an introduction to various creative and technical areas of digital and analogue filmmaking.
* Our Basic Filmmaking Workshop requires no prior technical knowledge – ideal candidates for this workshop are those who have an aptitude or interest in creative areas in general and who enjoy learning.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please e-mail Executive Director Cecilia Araneda at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Welcome Program) with:
- your name and e-mail address
- your confirmation that you are (or the candidate is) a recent Syrian refugee newcomer
- your confirmation that you live in Winnipeg or the surrounding region
- your request – either a pass to the Cinematheque or a workshop placement
* For those requesting a workshop placement, please note that our workshops take place over evenings and weekends, over multiple weeks. You can request a placement for either a fall or winter workshop.
General inquiries are welcome, as are inquiries/applications made on behalf of another individual (made with their permission).