Oct 2, 2015
SUN, OCT 18 – This FREE workshop is designed for the Women’s Film and Video Network.
It’s one thing to have a great idea for a film or TV show, and an entirely different thing to sell it to a studio or broadcaster. In this informal workshop, we’ll set aside the pressure and competition and support each other on improving our pitches. We’ll break down the elements of a powerful pitch. We’ll work together to craft engaging loglines. And we’ll talk about (and maybe even practice) techniques for delivering an effective pitch.
Iris Yudai has reviewed thousands of pitches in her career as a CBC radio and television producer. The ones that stand out are usually action-packed, specific and succinct. Right now she fields pitches for Absolutely Manitoba CBC TV’s regional summer series and for DNTO, CBC Radio’s personal storytelling program, as well as CBC Radio’s Doc Project.
* This event is FREE for all women in the film and video community but donations will gladly be accepted.
* The WFG will supply coffee, tea and lemonade.
* Please bring some snacks to share if you are able. (fun, potluck style!)
* Please RSVP on our Facebook event and/or email Monica – email@example.com
* To volunteer please email Monica
* Learn more about the Women’s Film and Video Network