The WFG Distribution Department is currently seeking an Archival Media Project Manager. The role is funded through the Government of Canada’s Young Canada Works program for candidates between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.
The contract runs from May 15 through September 29, 2023 and pays $19/hr.
Deadline to apply is April 28, 2023.
The role of the Archival Media Project Manager is to detect and research filmmakers who are under-represented in the Winnipeg Film Group (WFG) catalog and, upon locating such data, to organize, digitize, and make accessible the vulnerable media materials. Of the digitized materials, the Archival Media Project Manager will curate a short film program and compose an accompanying curatorial text.
Interested candidates can apply by emailing a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Young Canada Works Application. Please provide both documents in a single PDF attached to your email.
An individual may be eligible for an internship if they:
- are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada (non-Canadians holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible);
- are legally entitled to work in Canada;
- are between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
- will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with the program;
- are unemployed or underemployed;
- are a college or university graduate; and
- are not receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while employed with the program.
Find more information here >> https://young-canada-works.canada.ca/Opportunity/ProjectDetails?projectId=16760&showBackToSearch=true