The Winnipeg Film Group is pleased to announce our third annual Windy Awards, designed to provide special recognition to independent Manitoba cinema!
SAVE THE DATES:
- Online entry process open: Wed, Sept. 6, 2017 – ENTRY FORM HERE
- Entry deadline: Fri Oct 27, 2017
- Awards presentation: March 2018
- Director/creator of the work must have been a Manitoba resident at the time of the first professional public screening of the film and must be a current General or Production WFG member at the time of entry.
- Works must have had a professional public screening (or equivalent) between September 1, 2012 and September 1, 2017 to be eligible for consideration. A professional public screening involves a recognized third-party presenter with program promoted for screening by the general public, such as a movie theatre, film festival, broadcaster, online presenter, etc.
- Entry forms can only be submitted by the director/creator of the work. Each director/creator can apply up to 3 films/works per submission form. We will accept all films made after 2012, except past Windy Award nominees. If your film has been submitted in previous Windy Awards but not nominated you will be permitted to submit your film. We will accept all live action, experimental, documentary and/or animation short/feature films. The WFG reserves the right to amalgamate categories and/or cancel (with fees returned) at the jury’s discretion.
ELIGIBLE MANITOBA PRESENTERS INCLUDE:
(*Not an exhaustive list):
- Winnipeg Cinematheque
- Gimme Some Truth Documentary Festival
- Winnipeg Film Group Member Premieres
- ACTRA Showcase
- Freeze Frame
- Gimli Film Festival
- NSI-Canada Online Film Festival
- On Screen Manitoba
- Reel Pride Film Festival
- Video Pool
- WNDX Festival of Moving Image
- Winnipeg Aboriginal Film Festival
- Winnipeg Underground Film Festival
- A short film submission will be a $35 fee; for each additional short film submission there will be a $10 fee (up to 3 short submissions per form).
- A feature submission will be a $45 fee; for each additional feature submission there will be $10 fee (up to 3 feature submissions per form).
- Once you have submitted your film(s), you will be sent a link for the online payment page. Please make your payment within 48 hours of submitting form.
* The Winnipeg Film Group reserves the right to merge or cancel categories in the event of insufficient submissions. If this happens, applicable applicants will be informed accordingly and provided an opportunity for a refund if they wish to remove their submission from the merged category.
Any single work can only be submitted to one director category
Short categories are up to 59:59 minutes in length
Feature length categories are 60 minutes and over in length
Works made solely intended for television broadcast, webisodes and MOWs are not eligible for consideration under any category
Over $3,000 in cash prizes and awards.