Cinematheque’s Gimme Some Truth Documentary Festival returns for its 13th edition this December 7-11 with our documentary filmmaking challenge in partnership with DOC Manitoba!
The Gimme 10 in 30! Doc Challenge is a documentary incubator challenge wherein 10 participants chosen via random lottery draw will be tasked with completing a new documentary film in 30 days. There are no restrictions or parameters to the films created, except they can’t be longer than 7 mins. Participants can even finish films that are in an existing state of production prior to the challenge, so long as the final touches are completed during the 30 day period. The 10 participating films will be screened at the Cinematheque in December as part of the Gimme Some Truth Documentary Festival and will be eligible for a $500 audience award sponsored by DOC Manitoba.
More info below:
- Registration is now OPEN, via the form here: https://form.jotform.com/222765994907069
- The deadline to register is 12pm CST on Thursday, November 3, 2022
- 10 registrants will be selected via random lottery and notified on Friday, November 4
- Selected participants must pay a $25 entrance fee (once selected)
- Participants are eligible to receive 50% discount on WFG gear & facility rentals (discount is applicable only to services utilized for the purposes of this challenge). Participants wishing to rent gear from the WFG must be active WFG Members w/ full Production Add-On, in good standing)
- More info on memberships and rentals can be found here: https://www.winnipegfilmgroup.com/membership/winnipeg-film-group-membership/
- If needed/required, participants may purchase production insurance from the WFG. More info here: https://www.winnipegfilmgroup.com/production/rentals-services/production-insurance/
- *Note that renting gear or facilities from the WFG for this challenge is optional
- Open to Manitoba residents only
- Selected participants will have until 5pm CST on Monday, December 5 to turn in their completed film (according to specified tech specs)
- Each film is eligible for a $500 prize for best film, furnished by DOC MB
- All of the 10 final films will screen together at the Cinematheque in December as part of Gimme Some Truth
- Selected participants will receive flat $100 artist fee for the screening
Presented in partnership with DOC Manitoba with support from IATSE 856 Manitoba.