The Special General Meeting of the Winnipeg Film Group on June 2, 2022, was adjourned at 9:55 pm CT to continue on June 9, 2022, at 6:00 pm CT via Zoom:
Meeting ID: 277 965 1442
The adjourned meeting of June 9, 6:00 pm will continue Item 2 on the agenda – Transitions within the Winnipeg Film Group. Pertaining to this agenda item, the adjourned meeting will include:
- Discussion on current members of the WFG Board of Directors stepping down from their roles
- A motion to amend the agenda to include the following:
- Election of Directors
- Election voting procedures reviewed by a moderator/meeting Chair
- Call for Nominations to the Board
- Speeches by Candidates (5 min max per participant)
- Election Results
Only current General members can vote at general meetings. To purchase or renew your membership, click here: https://www.winnipegfilmgroup.com/product/membership/
File proxies via email no later than 12pm CST on Wednesday, June 8, 2022 by filing out the online form here: https://form.jotform.com/221564849791267
Please see the information below in order to be considered for a position on the Board of Directors of the Winnipeg Film Group.
The WFG’s Board of Directors is a governance board. It maintains the WFG’s Bylaws and ensures that sufficient infrastructure is available to support the mandate of the organization, including directly supporting private-sector fundraising. All Board positions are volunteer-based and appointed for a term of (1-3) years.
The successful candidates will exemplify a strong commitment to the mandate and core values of the WFG and have a keen interest in the local film and arts communities.
Potential candidates will possess a range of skills, and professional and life experience, including, but not limited to:
- Fundraising (both public & private sector)
- Non-profit governance
- Accounting and finance
- Law/human resources
- Arts management
- Film production
- Community outreach/engagement
- Fluency in languages other than English
WFG’s Bylaws include that potential candidates must be 18 years of age or older, an active WFG member, may not be a WFG employee, and need not be a Canadian resident.
The Winnipeg Film Group Board of Directors is committed to upholding a culture of equity, anti-oppression, inclusion, and diversity amongst its ranks. Addressing the historical and existing gaps in representation on the WFG Board is of paramount importance and as such, we strongly encourage applicants from equity-seeking communities to apply.
If you are interested, please bring forward your nominations (self-nominations, and nominations for others are both accepted) at the SGM adjourned meeting of June 9th, 2022 at 6pm.
- You will share why you want to be on this board
- Committed to attend a min of 10 board meetings per year (2-3hrs)
Board Members have massive influence over the direction of the WFG. The Board of Directors has one employee, the Executive Director (ED) of the Winnipeg Film Group. It is responsible for ensuring the performance and accountability of the ED. The Board works with the ED to lead the organization.
Responsibilities of Board Members
- Attend Board training
- Attend regular Board meetings (roughly 10 per year)
- Attend special Board meetings as necessary
- Learn the bylaws of the WFG
- Learn about Board procedures
- Contribute to the working strategic plan
- Sit on special committees (ie: the fundraising committee)
- Review finances
- Review the performance of the ED
WINNIPEG FILM GROUP MISSION, VISION & VALUES:
OUR MISSION: The Winnipeg Film Group is an education, production, exhibition, and distribution center committed to promoting the art of moving image.
OUR VISION: The Winnipeg Film Group aspires to be a world-class film centre in Manitoba that supports filmmakers, engages the community, and expands the appreciation of independent cinema.
- ARTIST-RUN: promoting artistic achievement and excellence
- DIVERSITY: reflective of our community
- FILM: fostering the use and appreciation of motion picture film as an artistic medium, alongside supporting work in digital approaches
- INDEPENDENCE: providing a platform for expression to a wide range of voices and approaches, supporting the filmmaker as an artistic creator
- INNOVATION: fostering creativity and new directions and ideas