Aug 6, 2020
Weeee’re back! We’re so excited to see you all again and can’t believe our theatre has been dark for nearly 5 months. On Friday, August 14th we’re firing up the projector and you’ll once again be able to bask in the glow of our silver screen!
Keep an eye on our website for upcoming programming, which we’ll be updating weekly. Stay informed by subscribing to our weekly e-newsletter here.
Of course, we’re not back to our full capacity and there are some changes that we want you all to be aware of before joining us again to watch great cinema. Our number one priority during this time is the safety of our staff and guests. We thank you in advance for helping us to ensure a safe atmosphere for everyone.
- Do not attend if you are feeling ill, have recently traveled outside of Manitoba, have been in close proximity to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results.
- If you have purchased advanced tickets and develop flu-like symptoms or have come into contact with someone who is ill, we would be happy to refund your ticket. Please contact email@example.com for a refund.
- We encourage you to please wear a mask upon arrival at the theatre and while you are checking in. Once you have found your seat, you are welcome to take it off for the duration of the film. Masks may be worn in the theatre at your own discretion.
- We will have a hand sanitizing station at the entrance and our staff will all be equipped with masks, gloves and a safety barrier. We have added hands-free paper towel dispensers to both washrooms on the main floor.
- Before each screening, our staff will be cleaning and sanitizing the theatre, all shared surfaces, door handles, and common areas.
Purchasing tickets and concessions:
- As seating is limited, we recommend that you purchase advance tickets on-line using our new ticketing system. Click the ‘buy tickets’ button on each film page and you will be redirected to purchase your ticket(s). Tickets can only be booked through our website. We cannot accommodate purchasing advance tickets to future screenings at our box office.
- For Unlimited Annual Memberships: if you are planning on attending with a friend or family member who also has an Unlimited Annual Membership, please book for both of you or you will not be able to sit together. All Unlimited Annual Membership will be extended for the months that we were closed.
- Any concession purchases must be made with debit or credit cards. We are not accepting cash at this time.
- We will have 12 pre-determined, socially distanced groups of 2 seats available in the theatre. We encourage you to purchase tickets in groups of 2 at this time., however single ticket purchases are allowed as well. You will be able to select your seats at the time of booking your tickets. We cannot accommodate a change in seat selection once purchased, and it is mandatory to sit in the seats you have selected to ensure we are following social distancing guidelines.
- We will open the doors 15 minutes before each screening. The doors at Arthur Street will be locked. Please enter through the doors at the corner of King Street and Bannatyne Avenue. We are following social distancing guidelines in our lobby, so if the lobby is full you will be let in once another group of patrons enters the theatre.
Thanks, and see you soon!
– Your friends at Cinematheque