Mar 7, 2018
SPRING 2018 DEADLINE – Thursday, April 5 at 4PM
GUIDELINES: MFM Production Fund 2017-2018 Guidelines
SUBMIT: Online Submission Form
The Winnipeg Film Group’s MFM PRODUCTION FUND is designed to assist Winnipeg Film Group members in the development of their artistic careers by providing support towards the production of film projects in the form of cash and services awards.
This award fund is geared to filmmakers who have made at least one independent production (on film, video or digital media) as director or artist/creator.
The MFM PRODUCTION FUND has two intake rounds annually, one in the spring and one in the fall. Applications for production and post production components are considered during both rounds, but each individual application must be for one component only.
This program provides cash grants in one of two increments – either $1,000 or $2,000. WFG services will be awarded in a similar manner, in $1,000 or $2,000 increments. The maximum award available to a project during any one application round is $2,000 in cash and $2,000 in services. The maximum award available to any project in total through this fund is $4,000 in cash and $4,000 in services.
Additionally, applicants are eligible to apply for a William F. White production equipment rental package award of $2,500 through this program.
- To assist members to create film, video or digital media projects
- To assist members to use film, video or digital media as a means of artistic expression
- To assist members to further develop their careers as filmmakers
- To contribute to the overall development of filmmakers in Manitoba
- A current resident of Manitoba
- A current member of the Winnipeg Film Group (in good standing)
- Applicants who have completed at least one independent work as director or artist/creator (on film, video or digital media)
- Applicants who have not completed at least one independent film or video as director/creator can apply to the post production phase of the MFM Production Fund, provided they meet all other eligibility requirements and submit a complete application
- The independent work must not be a student project, assignment or activity issued by an teacher or professor from a University, College or other preparatory related school
- The director/creator of the proposed project, who has and will retain full artistic and editorial control
- Applicants who do not already have an open MFM Production Fund, MFM First Film Fund or Hothouse Award; an award is considered closed when a final report has been received, along with a digital file or film print that has been approved by the Winnipeg Film Group
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA FOR ASSESSMENT
- The artistic merit of the proposed project
- The significance of the proposed project on the development of the applicant’s artistic career
- Whether the applicant can successfully carry out the proposed project
The submission process for the Winnipeg Film Group’s Fund programs has moved to an online system, accessible via the submissions page.
In the event you have difficulty accessing a computer with Internet connection to make your submission, please contact the Winnipeg Film Group for assistance.
INQUIRIES regarding the MFM PRODUCTION FUND and other Winnipeg Film Group production programs can be directed to:
Production Centre Program Coordinator
204-925-3456, ext 111
Production Centre Director
204-925-3456, ext 109
With the valuable, ongoing support of MANITOBA FILM & MUSIC we have been able to assist over 200 Manitoba filmmakers create, market, and screen their films for more than 10 years.
We also acknowledge the services support of William F. White.