SPECIAL COVID-19 DIRECTIVE:
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, all WFG Production Equipment and Post-Production/Facilities Rentals must be booked Monday to Friday, NO LATER than 48 Business Hours in ADVANCE. The earlier, the better. As the Artspace Building is closed to visitors until January 1, 2021, advance booking is the ONLY way we can currently fulfill your needs. No last minute bookings can be considered. No unannounced visits for immediate bookings can be considered. Please make your advance bookings with WFG Technical Manager Dylan Baillie via email at firstname.lastname@example.org – ALL Studio rentals must employ Physical Distancing and all Provincial Health Guidelines with respect to Film Production as dictated on the Province of Manitoba website HERE.
Just upstairs from from our Cinematheque, this black box production studio is available for rental for film production and production-related activites (auditions, rehearsals, meetings, etc.).
Our studio also has a 23ft 10in x 11ft 4in blue screen for filming special effects. Production equipment is also available for rent.
We also make this space available for rent for screenings, artist talks and presentations.
COST with General Membership and Production Add-On: $20 per hour or $125 for the day.
- 23ft 10in wide x 40ft long x 11ft 4in high
- Presentation equipment is available and can be rented in conjunction with the studio. Equipment includes 8 mm, 16 mm and video projectors, a wall-size truss-base screen that supports both front and rear projection, a wide-screen television, and multiple decks
- Individuals and organizations wishing to rent our studio facility must be GENERAL MEMBERS with a PRODUCTION ADD ON to our organization (refer to our membership page for more information).
- Due to the intended primary purpose of this space, including its priority use for our in-house programs, we can more easily accommodate presentations, artist talks and other public events that run one night or up to a few days. Longer public presentation booking requests should be presented ideally at least a year in advance.
- The facility must be left as it was found – any props, sets, costumes, or garbage must be removed when you are finished your booking or you will be charged a clean up fee; if the venue is found to be unusable following your rental, your membership privileges may additionally be suspended
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF ASSISTANCE
As per our rentals policy, the use of WFG equipment or facilities is a form of assistance that our organization provides independent filmmakers / video artists and other non-profit organizations, and as such the Winnipeg Film Group must be acknowledged related to any programs or productions making use of our studio facility. Our logo is available for download for this purpose.