WORKSHOP ACCESS BURSARY FUND
The Winnipeg Film Group’s Workshop Access Bursary Fund is designed to assist aspiring and emerging Manitoba filmmakers from Aboriginal or diverse cultural backgrounds (of all ages) in furthering their knowledge of the art of filmmaking.
Through this program candidates are encouraged to apply for a space in a WFG workshop of their choice with each bursary awarded on an individual, per workshop basis.
- Bursaries are available to candidates of all ages, who are Manitoba residents
- Candidates apply to attend an “in-house” WFG workshop of their choice*
- Candidates may apply to multiple workshop offerings throughout the year; however will not be awarded a bursary for the same workshop twice
- Priority will be given to applicants who have not previously received a bursary from WFG
- $5,000 in bursaries are available annually and will be awarded throughout the year
- Application process will also include a scheduled meeting with the Production Centre Director
Aboriginal peoples, for the purposes of this program, include Status, Non-Status, Métis and Inuit people. Diverse Cultural Background refers to persons of African, Asian, Latin American or Middle Eastern origin.
*Bursaries are available to most WFG workshops however not all workshops can always be included in the bursary program. Before applying please check with the Training Coordinator for bursary availability.