48 Hour Film Contest
Ever wanted to make a film? Like a challenge? Now’s your chance! The 48 Hour Film Contest is back! All are welcome to participate.
You must shoot and edit your entire film (max 3 minutes 20 seconds!) in the designated 48 hours. The parameters of this specific challenge are TBD on registration day and all films will premiere at the Gimli Film Festival on Saturday, July 29, 2017 ; there will be prizes for the winners! There will also be a followup screening on August 2nd at the Metropolitan Entertainment Centre on Wednesday August 2nd 2017.
Registration: April 24th at 10:30am sharp
Entry Fee: $30 per team/per film
Max # of participants: 30 teams
Competition: Friday, June 16th at 5pm to Sunday, June 18th at 5pm
Premiere Screening: Saturday, July 29, 2017 at Gimli Film Festival
Metropolitan Entertainment Centre Screening: Wednesday, August, 2st at 7pm
Rules (Please Read):
- Your film MUST BE 3:20 MINUTES LONG (including credits), not a second more! YOUR FILM WILL BE CUT OFF at precisely the 3:20 minute mark!!!
- Your film MUST BE shot and edited between 5pm Fri, June 16th to 5pm Sun, June 18th.
- You CAN NOT use commercial music! It must be original music owned or licensed by/for the Director or someone from their team or it must be from the public domain.
- Final films MUST BE hand delivered between the hours of 2pm-5pm on Sunday, June 18th. Do not worry if your film is not perfect, what you did is a huge accomplishment, just hand it in and be proud. We have changed things up this year the jury will choose the order of the films. Please make the best film possible and don’t rush hoping you will get a good spot cause that ain’t up to you or my staff its the jury’s decision!!! Come down to 304 – 100 Arthur Street Winnipeg, the Artspace building (3rd floor). Milos will be closing the doors at 5pm (sharp)!
- DO NOT give us a DVD or FTP the file. Please bring it down in person on a thumb drive or hard drive. If you miss the 5pm deadline, your film will not be programmed.
- Films MUST BE delivered in 16mm or with the H.264 codec. If you do not know how create one here’s a link to Vimeo’s compression settings. If you prefer, you can alternatively send us a “ProRes 422”.
- We do not censor, but try to be thoughtful, this is a family event. If you happen to have racy content please let us know so that we can program it first and give parents a heads up or those concerned a heads up.
Contact Ben for more details: 204-925-3456, ext 109 or email@example.com
FABULOUS PRIZES FROM OUR SPONSORS