Dec 5, 2012
The Winnipeg Film Group has an opening for the permanent, part time position of Executive Assistant.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant provides integral support and assistance to the Executive Director in a confidential manner, related to financial reporting, client, donor and community relationship management, correspondence and report writing and mailing, supplies ordering and events coordination, among other support areas needed.
The Executive Assistant additionally serves as the organization?s office manager, supporting administrative equipment management, liaising with office and technical system consultants and suppliers, and ensuring efficient and cost-effective office systems management; and managing the email@example.com general organizational email correspondence circulation.
Committed to employment equity, the Winnipeg Film Group encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minority groups.
Download the posting [as pdf]
- Application Deadline: Fri Dec 21, 2012
- Anticipated Start Date: Mon Jan 21, 2013
- Salary and Benefits: $16,120 for 20 hrs / week
GENERAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Administrative & General Support to the Executive Director
Providing general support to the Executive Director in a number of areas, including ? but not limited to ? financial and statistical reporting and data entry, client database reporting and data entry, correspondence writing and mailing, bulk mail outs, Quickbooks entries, website and social media postings, and events coordination.
Relationship Database Management and Customization Support
Working with our database supplier to guide the customization of our relationship management database to support multiple organizational needs related to member, donor, media and community contact management, with WFG program and service interconnectivity.
Ensuring the WFG?s office systems (computers, phones, photocopiers, etc.) are functioning as efficiently and cost effectively as possible.
Confidentiality / Professionalism
As a key assistant to the Executive Director, this position has a fundamental requirement to ensure the highest level of confidentiality is maintained, and that the Winnipeg Film Group is represented in a professional manner at all times when dealing with clients, donors and other organizational stakeholders, including after hours and off-site
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:?
- Excellent written and verbal English skills; added proficiency in French would be an asset
- Strong financial acumen and generally good with numbers
- Strong organizational skills, able to coordinate a number of initiatives in a concurrent manner
- Independent problem-solving skills
- Events management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly adaptable and able to change directions easily
- A minimum of three years? prior experience working in executive or administrative support, or similar functions
- Proficiency with office software in a PC environment, including Quickbooks, Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint
- An appreciation of the arts
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested parties are requested to submit a cover letter and r?sum? by Friday, Dec 21, 2012, to:
304 – 100 Arthur Street
Winnipeg MB? R3B 1H3
or via email:
Subject: Executive Assistant Position
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.