The Basic Filmmaking Workshop is a series of workshops held over a 9 week period during evenings (Tuesday and Thursday) and some weekends, and provides an intensive introduction to independent filmmaking. All steps and processes are covered from creative conception to the final cut – including the basics of screenwriting, directing, camera operation, lighting, sound and film editing. During the course, the participants will be exposed to the process of shooting and editing a short film and short video. Each participant will have the opportunity to shoot their own short script and two scripts will be chosen to be shot on the Red One Camera.
** New Class added**: This year we will be adding one extra course titled Celluloid Film Practice. This course will teach the class about shooting on analogue film and a quick tutorial on the Bolex Cameras. The students will then have a choice to shoot their final projects on celluloid film.
- Screenwriting – Tues. Mar 20th, 2018 (7-10PM) Media Lab
- Directing- Thurs. Mar 22rd, 2018 (7-10PM) Media Lab
- Camera part 1 – Thurs. Apr 5th, 2018 (7-10PM) Black Lodge Studio
- Camera part 2 – Weds. Apr 11th, 2018 (7-10PM) Media Lab
- Lighting and Grip – Thurs. Apr 12th, 2018 (7-10PM) Black Lodge Studio
- Celluloid Film Practice-Weds. April 18th, 2018 (7-10pm) Black Lodge Studio
- Sound – Thurs. Apr 19th, 2018(7-10PM) Black Lodge Studio
- Editing workshop – Tues. April 24th, 2018 (7PM-10PM) Media Lab
- Production Meeting Class – Thurs April 26th, 2018 (7-9PM) Media Lab
- Short Film Shoot Day 1 – Sat April 28th, 2018(9:30AM-4PM)
- Short Film Shoot Day 2 – Sun. Apr 29th, 2018(10AM-4PM)
- DV shoot – Wed. May 2, 2018(6:30 – 10PM) TENTATIVE
- Editing lab – Sat & Sun. May 5th & 6th 2018 (10AM-2PM) Media Lab
There are only 10 spots available for this workshop
Registration fees include free WFG general membership.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice Given: Eligible for:
At least 7 days prior to start date Full refund
7 days to 48 hours prior to start date Full refund less 20% administration fee
Less than 48 hours prior to start date No refund
-The Winnipeg Film Group reserves the right to cancel any course where the minimum registration has not been met. Anyone registered for a course that has been cancelled is eligible for a full refund, Cancelled course fees may also be used towards any other Winnipeg Film Group training programs.