The Winnipeg Film Group (WFG) is a Canadian distribution organization that, on behalf of independent filmmakers, rents and sells Canadian film and video works to individuals, educational institutions, community groups, film festivals, broadcasters and other venues around the world.
DVDs and Blu-rays created by us or independent filmmakers are available for purchase from the WFG to institutions which include licensing fees for educational, library or classroom use for NON-PAYING AUDIENCES ONLY. For public screenings or where admission is charged, institutions, groups and schools are required to pay a separate rental fee.
Generally, prices are determined by the film’s duration, although some titles diverge from this schedule. For bulk orders (five copies+ of the same title) there may be discounts off of the listed price. Please contact us for more information!
|Length of DVD / FILM
||SINGLE SITE PURCHASE
||STREAMING LICENCE **
|0 to 5 minutes
|5 to 15 minutes
|15 to 30 minutes
||$65 / $95
|30 to 60 min
||$95 / $125
* please note – These prices are based on the IMAA recommended minimums. In some instances we have offered reduced pricing to accommodate a wider range of clients.
We may be able to offer discounts off of these prices in certain circumstances. Please contact us for more information.
SINGLE SITE FILM PURCHASE
On site only **No streaming permitted. No admission charged.
- RIGHTS – Library and instructional use within a single school, small office, or hospital. Home borrowing allowed.
- EXCLUSIONS – Circulating use outside the organization, institution, or office or to donate programs to other organizations or institutions are NOT included or permitted under this license for use. Any form of copying or altering of the format purchased is not permitted.
- PUBLIC LIBRARIES – Please inquire about discounts for multiple copies purchased for branch libraries.
Small non-profits & community groups **No streaming permitted. Admission fee permitted.
- RIGHTS – This rental fee applies to all non-profit and community groups wishing to screen the film one-time with admission charged. The DVD may be kept after for your institution’s library but any future public screenings must be requested first.
Large Educational Institutions such as Universities, and Museums – No admission charged.
- RIGHTS – Library and instructional use in a workshop or classroom setting or in a Government office. Circulation is permitted to multiple departments, institutions or offices such as schools within a school district or offices within a company.
- EXCLUSIONS – Any form of copying or altering of the format purchased is not permitted.
STREAMING LICENCE **
Streaming licensing fees are determined by film, organization, and length of license required. Please contact us for more information.
1, 3 & 5 year options available.
By purchasing titles from the Winnipeg Film Group you agree to the following terms:
- Your disc purchase is guaranteed for a 45 day warranty period from date of sale. Please check condition of goods upon receipt. If there are any problems with the discs upon receipt please contact us immediately.
- After the initial warranty period, purchase constitutes lease for the life of the disc.
- The disc and all its contents shall not be copied or altered in any manner whatsoever, as protected by Canadian copyright laws.
- The disc and all its contents will only be used for educational, library and classroom use by the purchasing institution unless otherwise noted or negotiated.
- The disc and all its contents will not be rented, leased, or loaned for a fee to any other institutions or individuals.
- The disc and all its contents will not be shown to the public theatrically or commercially for profit without negotiating a public exhibition rental fee with the Winnipeg Film Group.
- The disc and all its contents will not be broadcast on television or the internet.
- **All streaming plans must be made clear to the Winnipeg Film Group upon purchase.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns you may have:
email@example.com / 204-925-3456 ext. 103 or 105
We thank you for your cooperation and for supporting & paying independent filmmakers for their work.
We hope you enjoy your purchase!