As the Winnipeg Film Group’s exhibition wing, Cinematheque is for the priority use of our in-house programming. From time to time however, we can accommodate outside bookings of the theatre. Requests should be submitted at-least two months in advance
Please note that because of our in-house programming schedule, Cinematheque is only available to rent Monday through Friday mornings and afternoons (renter must vacate by 5pm) and Monday evenings. We cannot accommodate rentals on weekends
Rental requests are weighed and prioritized as they align to our overall organizational objectives. Programs that are offered by non-profit organizations free of charge to the public at large are provided a priority weight for screening consideration. We reserve the right to refuse any request
To book or for more information, contact Cinematheque Programming Director Jaimz Asmundson at email@example.com or 925-3456 (ext 114)
- Monday – Friday morning or afternoon (before 5 pm): $150 per timeslot
- Monday evening (after 5 pm): $250 per timeslot
These rates are based on one time slot, not the whole day or whole evening. A time slot is a period of two hours, with a half hour on either end for set-up/cleanup. Equaling three hours total
*a $25 COVID cleaning fee will automatically be added to every rental.
Note that the seating capacity of the Cinematheque is 85; UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE is a renter to allow over-capacity – as per fire code
- Our current capacity under government health orders is 42. Any rentals in violation of this capacity will be cancelled immediately without refund
- Provincial health restrictions require all attendees to the Cinematheque have (2) doses of a COVID-19 vaccine and to show proof of their vaccination record upon entry. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone who does not meet these requirements
- There is a $50 fee if the renter requires special technical equipment setup and/or testing i.e. video game consoles; DCP testing; etc.
BACK TO THE TOP
Summary of Services
- Experienced projectionist
- House Staff (will not work with admissions for rental screenings)
- DCP; Digital video files; digital streaming; 35 mm; 16 mm; BETA SP; HDcam; HDV; DVCAM; MiniDV; Blu-ray; DVD and VHS capabilities
- Capacity of the Cinematheque is 85; under no circumstances is a renter to oversell the venue – as per fire code
- Unless otherwise agreed-to in advance, in writing, Cinematheque may choose to sell concessions during the presentation, to the sole benefit of the Winnipeg Film Group
- Tech – if you would like to arrange to test the film beforehand, please make arrangements at time of booking. A $50 tech fee will be added to the rental rate
BACK TO THE TOP
Cinematheque is the professional presentation wing of the Winnipeg Film Group and, as such, its priority use is always for our in-house programming. Accommodation of rental requests will be considered only after we have accommodated our in-house programming.
Rental requests are also weighed and prioritized as they align with our overall organizational objectives. Programs that are offered free of charge to the public at large are provided a priority weight for screening consideration.
As our Cinematheque venue is for the priority use of the Winnipeg Film Group and to meet the Winnipeg Film Group’s core objectives, we reserve the right to refuse any request.
At no time will Cinematheque staff collect admission or other fees for the renting party. If the renting party is collecting cash at the door, this must be done by said party. Collecting admission fees for third-parties is not the responsibility of the Winnipeg Film Group.
If the rental screening is a public, ticketed event, renters must have permission from the artist / rights holder or assigned distributor to publicly screen the presented works in a theatrical setting. We reserve the right to request proof of permission prior to accepting any booking. Artist fee payments and / or distributor payments are solely the responsibility of the renter, as are any related costs in screening the works, such as shipping, customs, brokerage costs, etc. Reporting to distributors is also the responsibility of the renter.
At no time will the renting organization list the Winnipeg Film Group or our Cinematheque as a financially liable party in any agreements related to artist fees, shipping or other associated expenses.
BACK TO THE TOP
Discounted rental rates beyond those posted (through a request for a partnered screening with the Winnipeg Film Group) can be considered for presentations which align closely to our organizational priorities, including for children’s and youth programming, programming of works by BIPOC filmmakers, and programming of works by independent Manitoba filmmakers and video artists.
Contact Cinematheque Programming Director Jaimz Asmundson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 925-3456 (ext 114) for Cinematheque services sponsorship requests. As our Cinematheque is generally programmed at least three to four months in advance, only requests that are submitted AT LEAST four months prior to a proposed event date can be considered.
BACK TO THE TOP