As the Winnipeg Film Group’s artistic presentation wing, Cinematheque is for the priority use of our in-house programming. From time to time, however, we can consider bookings. Requests should be submitted two months in advance; requests for Monday and Tuesday slots can be submitted with a shorter time frame.
Rental requests are weighed and prioritized as they align to our overall organizational objectives. Programs that are offered by non-profit organizations free of charge to the public at large are provided a priority weight for screening consideration. We reserve the right to refuse any request.
For bookings, contact Cinematheque Operations Manager David Knipe at email@example.com or 925-3456 (ext 106).
For Public Events
- Mon – Fri daytime before 5 pm: $300 (per timeslot)
- Sat – Sun daytime before 5 pm: $400 (per timeslot)
- Sun – Thu evening: $500 (per timeslot)
- Fri – Sat evening: $750 (per timeslot)
These rates are based on one time slot, not the whole day or whole evening. A time slot is a period of two hours, with a half hour on either end for set-up/cleanup. Equaling three hours total.
Note that the seating capacity of the Cinematheque is 85; UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE is a renter to allow over-capacity – as per fire code.
- Non-profits and private events (non-advertised, invitation only events with free admission, such as meetings, birthday parties, powerpoint presentations, etc.) receive a 10% discount
- Winnipeg Film Group Full User Members wishing to hold a family and friends screening of their finished films receive a 40% discount, provided no admission fee is charged
- There is a $50 non-discountable surcharge per timeslot for rentals on statutory holidays
BACK TO THE TOP
Summary of Services
- Licensed projectionist
- House Staff (will not work with admissions for rental screenings)
- DCP, Digital video files, 35 mm, 16 mm, BETA SP, HDcam, HDV, DVCAM, MiniDV, Blu-ray, DVD and VHS capabilities
- Capacity of the Cinematheque is 85; under no circumstances is a renter to oversell the venue – as per fire code
- Unless otherwise agreed-to in advance in writing, Cinematheque may choose to sell concessions during the presentation, to the sole benefit of the Winnipeg Film Group
- Tech – if you would like to arrange to test the film early, please give us notice so that we can make arrangements
A Video test can be done at no extra cost to the renter, provided it is done on a weekday between 10 am and 5 pm
For 35 mm or 16 mm film, a cost of $20 per hour will apply (one hour minimum)
BACK TO THE TOP
Cinematheque is the professional presentation wing of the Winnipeg Film Group and, as such, its priority use is always for our in-house programming. Accommodation of rental requests will be considered only after we have accommodated our in-house programming.
Rental requests are also weighed and priorized as they align to our overall organizational objectives. Programs that are offered free of charge to the public at large are provided a priority weight for screening consideration.
As our Cinematheque venue is for the priority use of the Winnipeg Film Group and to meet the Winnipeg Film Group’s core objectives, we reserve the right to refuse any request.
At no time will Cinematheque staff collect admission or other fees for the renting organization. If the renting organization is collection cash at the door, this must be collected by their staff. Collecting admission fees for third-parties is not the responsibility of the Winnipeg Film Group.
Renters must have permission from the artist / rights holder or assigned distributor to publicly screen the presented works in a theatrical setting. We reserve the right to request proof of permission prior to accepting any booking. Artist fee payments and / or distributor payments are solely the responsibility of the renter, as are any related costs in screening the works, such as shipping, customs, brokerage costs, etc. Reporting to distributors is also the responsibility of the renter.
At no time will the renting organization list the Winnipeg Film Group or our Cinematheque as a financially liable party in any agreements related to artist fees, shipping or other associated expenses.
While the Cinematheque can provide general availability dates, confirmation of bookings can only be provided upon receipt of rental payment.
BACK TO THE TOP
Discounted rental rates beyond those posted (through a request for a services sponsorship from the Winnipeg Film Group) can be considered for presentations which align closely to our organizational priorities, including for children’s and youth programming, programming of works by Indigenous filmmakers, and programming of works by independent Manitoba filmmakers and video artists.
Contact Cinematheque Operations Manager David Knipe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 925-3456 (ext 106) for Cinematheque services sponsorship requests. As our Cinematheque is generally programmed at least three to four months in advance, only requests that are submitted AT LEAST four months prior to a proposed event date can be considered.
BACK TO THE TOP