- Uncut GemsSun, Jan 19 / 9 pmFrom acclaimed filmmakers Josh and Benny Safdie comes an electrifying crime thriller about Howard Ratner (Adam Sandler), a charismatic New York City jeweler...
Sun, Jan 26 / 9:15 pm
Mon, Jan 27 / 9 pm
Sun, Feb 2 / 12 pm
Mon, Feb 3 / 7 pm & 9:30 pm
Sun, Feb 9 / 12 pm
Mon, Feb 10 / 9 pm
- Punjabi Cinema: ToxificationMon, Jan 27 / 7 pmToxification tells the story of the plight of the Punjabi farmers. The north Indian state of Punjab was said to have produced enough food to feed the entire country during the Green Revolution. However, the overuse of chemicals introduced to enhance production has poisoned the water with carcinogens and created an infertile soil addicted to chemicals. As the land is dependent, so are more and more farmers becoming addicted to drugs, which help them to work longer hours in the fields.
- Restoration Tuesdays: HeaterTue, Jan 7 / 9 pmBen and The Man are homeless during an icy Winnipeg winter. Their only hope for salvation is an unopened space heater that they share but have no use for. They decide to return their sole possession for a negligible sum of cash. What follows is a day long journey in which they meet a plethora of quirky characters while forming an unlikely bond.
Tue, Jan 14 / 7 pm
Tue, Jan 21 / 9 pm
Tue, Jan 28 / 7 pm
- The 19th edition of Canada’s Top Ten films, as curated by the Toronto International Film Festival, presents a superb line up of new independent cinema – from Zacharias (Atanarjuat) Kunuk’s latest moving story set in the North, One Day in the Life of Noah Piugattuk, to Heather Young’s Murmur – a compassionate look at an older woman who finds meaning in her life by adopting pets.
- What started as a dream in 2005 has blossomed into an annual rite of passage for parents and their kids. They can shake the snow off their boots and spend an afternoon at the movies for free every Sunday throughout January and February. The popularity of this series, aimed at children 6-12, means that families with children will be seated first. We appreciate your cooperation.