Mar 4, 2019
48 HOUR FILM CONTEST 2019
Sponsored by: The MET | TIFF | GFF
REGISTRATION 2019: Get Your Teams Ready!!! All Manitoba filmmakers welcome to enter. Registration begins Sunday, April 14, 2019 starting at 12 noon sharp and ending at 2pm. Please get to our office as early as possible to sign up your team because it will sell out FAST!!! Last year it was sold out before it began.
Registration is FIRST COME FIRST SERVE, so if you do not arrive within those times allotted above and we fill up, then you will be put on a waiting list!!! If you can not make it on the date and time above, you can send a team member a friend or someone who you can rely on to our office that morning and they can make payment on your behalf.
- NO PHONE CALL PURCHASES
- NO INTERNET PURCHASES
- ALL REGISTRATIONS ARE IN PERSON
- REGISTRATION FEE $50
We have two categories: A youth category specifically for High School, College and University students or anyone under the age of 25. An adult category for non students and anyone over the age of 25. We can accept up to 18 teams for the youth and 18 teams for the adults, please be aware that the entry slots will likely fill up once we open registration on Sunday.
GFF & MET SCREENINGS 2019: The Winnipeg Film Group and the Gimli Film Festival are premiering a selection of the best films for the 48 Hour Film Contest on Saturday, July 27, 2019. We will also do an encore screening at the Metropolitan Entertainment Centre on Wednesday, July 31, 2019.
NEW!!! TIFF SCREENING 2019: The Winnipeg Film Group in partnership with TIFF, we will be doing a six year retrospective of past 48 Hour Film Contest films, which will screen in Toronto at the TIFF Bell Light Box in the fall. It is very possible your film may be good enough to make it into the TIFF screening so everyone entering this year needs to come with their A-Game for 2019!!!
ANNUAL MEET N GREET: Be sure to mark your calendar for our annual 48 Hour Meet N Greet hosted on Tuesday, May 7th. The Meet N Greet is an opportunity to ask questions and get all the details and rules about the competition. Its where you can meet with WFG Staff, ACTRA, the GIMLI Film Festival team, Team Insurance and The City of Winnipeg. This is also the event where you can discover willing actors, crew and local composers.
Relevant 48 Hour Film Contest (2019) dates:
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Monday, March 4th, this is SIX WEEKS before the 48 Hour Film Contest Registration.
- COMPOSE & SCORE/FILMMAKER MEET N GREET: Friday, March 29th in the Blacklodge at 6:30pm. All composers, DJs, singers, performers, musicians and any and filmmakers welcome.
- REGISTRATION: April 14th at 12 noon sharp and ending at 2pm. There is a youth category (under age 25) and an adult category (over age 25). This is THREE WEEKS before annual Meet N Greet.
- THE ANNUAL MEET N GREET: Wednesday, May 8th at 6:30pm. This is FIVE WEEKS before the competition.
- 48 HOUR FILM COMPETITION: from Friday, June 14th at 5pm to Sunday June 16th at 5pm. The contest key will be announced at 5pm sharp!!! This is SIX WEEKS before GIMLI and MET.
- GIMLI FILM FESTIVAL SCREENING: Saturday, July 27th!
- METROPOLITAN SCREENING: Wednesday, July 31st!
- TIFF BELL LIGHT BOX SCREENING: TBA, Fall 2019!