Mar 8, 2018
48 HOUR FILM CONTEST (2018) ANNOUNCEMENT
REGISTRATION: Get Your Teams Ready!!! The Winnipeg Film Group and the Gimli Film Festival are co-hosting the 48 Hour Film Contest 2018, all Manitoba filmmakers welcome to enter. Please try to sign up your team as early as possible, registration begins Sunday, April 8, 2018 starting at 12 noon sharp and ending at 3pm.
- NO PHONE CALL PURCHASES
- NO INTERNET PURCHASES
- ALL REGISTRATIONS ARE IN PERSON
- REGISTRATION FEE $30
This year we will have two categories: A youth category specifically for High School, College and University students and an adult category for non students. We can tentatively accept up to 18 teams for the youth and 18 teams for the adults (non students), so please be aware that the entry slots will likely fill up within one to three hours on Sunday. Registration is FIRST COME FIRST SERVE, so if you do not arrive within those times allotted above and we fill up, then you will be put on a waiting list!!!
48 HOUR FILM CONTEST MEET N GREET: ALSO!!! Be sure to mark your calendar for our annual Meet N Greet hosted in Cinematheque on Tuesday, May 15th. The Meet N Greet is an opportunity to ask questions and get all the details and rules about the competition. Its where you can meet with WFG Staff, ACTRA, the GIMLI Film Festival team and The City of Winnipeg. This is also the event where you can discover willing actors, crew and local composers.
Relevant 48 Hour Film Contest (2018) dates:
- ANNOUNCEMENT: March 8th please spread the word. This is about one month before the actual registration.
- REGISTRATION: April 8th at 12 noon sharp and ending at 3pm. There is a youth (student) group and an adult (non student) group. This is about a month before the actual Meet N Greet
- COMPOSE & SCORE/FILMMAKER MEET N GREET: Monday, April 23rd 7pm (doors open at 6:30pm). All composers, DJs, singers, performers, musicians and filmmakers welcome.
- ACTOR/FILMMAKER MEET N GREET: Monday, May 1st 7pm (doors open at 6:30pm). All Actors and filmmakers welcome.
- *48 HOUR FILM CONTEST MEET N GREET: Tuesday, May 15th at 6pm (doors open at 5:30pm). This is exactly one month before contest, EVERYONE WELCOME!!!!
- 48 HOUR FILM CONTEST: from Friday, June 15th at 5pm to Sunday June 17th at 5pm. The key will be announced at (5pm)
- GIMLI FILM FESTIVAL SCREENING: Saturday, July 28th (Time has not been set yet but it will likely be around 1pm.
- YOUTH (student) METROPOLITAN SCREENING: TBD (July 2018)
- ADULT (non student) METROPOLITAN SCREENING: TBD (July 2018)