WFG JOB POSTING: TECHNICAL COORDINATOR
JOB POSTING SUMMARY:
The Winnipeg Film Group has an opening for a permanent, 30 hr/wk (M, T, Th, F – 9 AM to 5 PM) position of Technical Coordinator.
Reporting to the Production Centre Director, the Technical Coordinator facilitates member and other external and internal client access to equipment and facility rentals, provides basic post-production support services, and supports general inquiries by providing general information on WFG programs and services. The Technical Coordinator also supports the Production Centre Director in the area of workshops coordination and the delivery of workshops information to members and other clients.
Committed to employment equity, the Winnipeg Film Group encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
: Friday, June 29, 2012 @ 4 PM
: As soon as possible
: $24,180; the Winnipeg Film Group also offers an extended health and dental benefits package, a matching RRSP contribution program, staff production centre credits, and a commitment to support ongoing professional development.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Experience working in a fast-paced, client-focused environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- The ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task
- The ability to work independently with little supervision
- An understanding and appreciation of the local independent film milieu
- A strong general technical acumen and the commitment to ongoing independent professional development
- Experience working as a camera assistant
- Experience working as a DMT or editor would be an asset
- Proficiency working within both Mac and PC computer platforms
- Proficiency in MS office software, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Experience with digital editing software such as Final Cut Pro or Premiere
- Experience with design software such as Photoshop
- Experience with web platforms, such as Wordpress, would be an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested parties are requested to submit a cover letter and resume by Friday, June 29 @ 4 PM, to:
Production Centre Director
Winnipeg Film Group
304 – 100 Arthur Street
Winnipeg MB R3B 1H3
or via e-mail:
Subject: Technical Coordinator
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.