SPRING 2013 DEADLINE: Friday, April 5 @ 4 PM
DOWNLOAD: Application Form
* Applications can be submitted in French
DOWNLOAD: Formulaire de Demande Françaises
The Winnipeg Film Group's PRODUCTION FUND is designed to assist Winnipeg Film Group members in the development of their artistic careers by providing support towards the production of film projects in the form of cash and services awards.
This award fund is greared to filmmakers who have made at least one independent production (on film, video or digital media) as director or artist / creator.
The PRODUCTION FUND has two intake rounds annually, one in the Spring and one in the Fall. Applications for production and post production components are considered during both rounds, but each individual application must be for one component only.
This program provides cash grants in one of two increments - either $1,000 or $2,000. WFG services will be awarded in a similar manner, in $1,000 or $2,000 increments. The maximum award available to a project during any one application round is $2,000 in cash and $2,000 in services. The maximum award available to any project in total through this fund is $4,000 in cash and $4,000 in services.
Additionally, applicants are eligible to apply for a William F. White production equipment package award through this program.
- To assist members to create film, video or digital media projects
- To assist members to use film, video or digital media as a means of artistic expression
- To assist members to further develop their careers as filmmakers
- To contribute to the overall development of filmmaking in Manitoba
- User members of the Winnipeg Film Group (in good standing) for at least three months prior to application
- Residents of Manitoba
- Independent filmmakers who have completed at least one independent work as director or artist / creator on film, video or digital media
- Director / Creator of proposed project, who has and will retain full artistic and editorial control
- Those who do not have an open PRODUCTION FUND or FIRST FILM FUND; an award is considered closed when a final report has been received an approved by the Winnipeg Film Group.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA FOR ASSESSSMENT:
- The artistic merit of the proposed project
- The significance of the proposed project on the development of the applicant's artistic career
- Whether the applicant can successfully carry out the proposed project
INQUIRIES regarding the PRODUCTION FUND and other Winnipeg Film Group production programs can be directed to:
Production Centre Director
925-3456, ext 109
The Winnipeg Film Group acknowledges the generous support of Manitoba Film & Music in funding this award program. We also acknowledge the services support of William F. White.