The Winnipeg Film Group is committed to making our resources and expertise available to arts and community groups seeking to support the development of local filmmakers and video artists, to build audiences and promote greater understanding of the various cinematic artistic practices, and to create special access and education opportunities.
Some of the special projects and partnerships we have recently undertaken include:
- A panel on filmmaking and a curated program of kid-friendly Manitoba shorts for the Black Women's Festival of the Arts
- After school filmmaking camp for youth through the Indian and Métis Friendship Centre
- After school filmmaking camp for youth through the Spence Neighbourhood Association
- Weekend filmmaking workshop for the youth through the Winnipeg Latin American Arts Council
- Equipment support for the Argyle School feature film production of their adaptation of Of Mice and Men.
- Equipment and venue support for film festivals, including the Winnipeg Aboriginal Film Festival, the Gimli Film Festival, the Freeze Frame Festival, the Reel Pride Festival, the WNDX Festival and many others.
Arts and community groups interested in partnering with the Winnipeg Film Group in community programming are encouraged to contact: