The Winnipeg Film Group has a variety of on-going peer jury assessed funding programs with deadlines throughout the year. We have programs that are accessible to filmmakers with all levels of experience - from beginning to the most accomplished and everything in between.
Refer to the list of funds on the menu to the
Unless otherwise stipulated in the individual program guidelines, the following general eligibility requirements apply to our funding programs:
- Applicants must be residents of Manitoba for at least six months prior to the application deadline (you do not need to be a resident of Winnipeg to apply)
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Applicants must be 18 years of age, or older
- Applicants cannot be full time students (with the exception of those completing post graduate studies)
- Applicants must be WFG Basic or Full User members, or Video Pool Joint WFG Equipment Access Members
- Applicants must be the director and / or artist-creator of the work (producers and writers are not eligible to apply)
- Applicants must have and retain full creative and editorial control over the proposed project
Our programs support narrative, documentary, experimental and cross-genre work, in film, video or hybrid forms - but in all cases the filmmaker / director / creator must retain full creative, editorial and financial control of the project.
In all cases, and most especially if you are applying to one of our funds for the very first time, we encourage potential applicants book an appointment with the applicable fund program coordinator, to ensure your application is the very best it can be in light of the Winnipeg Film Group's funding priorities.