90 SECOND QUICKIE - 2010 NUIT BLANCHE EDITION
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2010 QUICKIE WINNERS!
FIRST PLACE: Symbiosis by Laura Payne
SECOND PLACE: Flyers by Ian Campbell & Paul Atkins
THIRD PLACE (TIE): Welcome to Winnipeg by Deco Dawson and Robot Adventures on Planet Earth by Curtis L. Wiebe & Marlon Wiebe
SPECIAL JURY MENTIONS: Dead Girl by Scott Fitzpatrick, Pixel Sapien by Sasha Nelson, Do The Blubb by Jaimz Asmundson
Sarah Anne Johnson
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Wednesday, Sept 8, 2010 - 5 PM
FINAL SCREENING: Saturday, Sept 25, 2010 - 10 PM - during Winnipeg's Nuit Blanche
FIRST PLACE AWARD: $300 - generously provided by On Screen Manitoba
ABOUT THE 90 SECOND QUICKIE
The Winnipeg Film Group is proud to announce an open call to our second annual 90 SECOND QUICKIE film contest. The 90 SECOND QUICKIE was created in 2009 by the Winnipeg Film Group to encourage the creation of new, micro films. Blown away by the shorts in our first year we are doing it again - this time bigger, brighter and bolder!
Open to participants from across Canada, the 2010 90 SECOND QUICKIE calls on filmmakers, creative types, and all others to submit a 90 second or shorter film. All genres accepted. Only one entry per person.
All submitted films* will be screened outdoors on Saturday Sept 25 at 10 PM as part of Winnipeg’s first annual NUIT BLANCHE, a free all-night celebration of the arts.
The screening will take place on the large 35’ x 13’ high resolution video screen at at Winnipeg’s most famous corner - Portage & Main. This is an event not to be missed! (The films will also have a repeat screening on Sunday, September 26 at 7:30 PM at the WFG’s Cinematheque.)
Completed films, forms and $10 entry fee must arrive by Wednesday, September 8 @ 5pm to:
Winnipeg Film Group
Attn: 90 Second Quickie
304-100 Arthur Street
Winnipeg, MB R3B 1H3
- A maximum of 60 entries will be accepted - submit early!
- There is a $10 entry fee for all films payable to the WFG upon submission.
- Please submit your finished film (not to exceed 90 seconds including credits!) on both a playable DVD and a data disc with your film file (.mov, .avi), without compression.
- Please keep in mind that the films will be screened outside to a semi-general audience. (*) We don’t want to eliminate any works from the screening, but the WFG reserves the right to not screen any work that could be deemed excessively inappropriate for a general audience, out of respect for our intended audience for the outdoor screening of this program.
As this is an uncurated screening no artist fees will be paid.
For more info please contact Monica Lowe - (204) 925-3452 | Email: email@example.com
Entry fees can be paid at the WFG office (cash, cheque, debit, MasterCard, Visa, & AMEX) or via our secure online store
Good luck and have fun!
SPONSORS AND PARTNERS
The Winnipeg Film Group gratefully acknowledges our sponsor Creswin Properties Inc. for the use of their Media Panel for this event and our partner On Screen Manitoba for providing the $300 First Place Cash Prize.
90 SECOND QUICKIE - 2009
Announcing the Winnipeg Film Group's first ever 90 Second Film Contest!
RULES: Create a 90 second (or less) film between October 14 & November 24, 2009. It’s as simple as that.*
DEADLINE: All completed films must arrive at the WFG office (304-100 Arthur St. Winnipeg, MB R3B 1H3) by 5pm on Tuesday, November 24. (no extensions)
- DOWNLOAD ENTRY FORM
FORMATS: We will be compiling all films onto one screening tape so please submit either:
- a 16mm or 35mm film print or
- a playable DVD and file of your film/video on DVD (.mov, .avi)
- SCREENING: Friday, December 4 at 7pm at the Cinematheque. Admission is $5.00.
- PRIZE: 1/3 of the door will go to the makers of the film awarded the special jury prize!
- PARTY: Immediately following the contest we will be having a rockin’ holiday party at The District (located at 177 Lombard Ave) Come one, come all!
- MORE INFO: firstname.lastname@example.org | (204) 925-3452
* While there is no way to enforce it, in the spirit of gamesmanship we encourage all filmmakers to create their films specifically for this contest. 'Cause it's fun!
Congratulations to the 2009 winners!